DIY Serving Tray
Making a pretty serving tray for the holidays doesn’t have to be daunting. With a few scrap pieces of pine and a beautiful transfer, this easy and inexpensive project is a great gift or afternoon project. This project is from CasaMia who is one of our designers on the Redesign Petite team.
3 4″x16″ wood planks
2 2″x12″ wood planks
2 Drawer handles
Paint in your color of choice (Casamia used Art Alchemy Soft Satin #964443 & Mermaid Sparkle #964085)
Decor Transfer (Casamia used Evergreen Florals #654566)
1. Sand each piece so there are no rough edges.
2. Paint your planks (or leave them bare for a more rustic look)
3. Glue the 3 4″x16″ wood planks together as pictured above and let dry.
4. Using the transfer tool burnish the transfer onto the boards.
5. When you are happy with the transfer placement glue the 2 2″x12″ wood planks to either side of the tray. As shown below.
6. Add the handles using the drill and the hardware that came with your handles.
Keep an eye out on all our social media for even more amazing projects from our talented Brand Ambassadors and Content Creators!